Trust & Real Estate Clerk
Company: Southern Residential Leasing/Pointe South/REMAX
Position: Trust & Real Estate Clerk
Supervisor: Senior Accountant
The Trust and Real Estate Clerk serves as an integral part of the Accounting Department. Primary responsibilities include the timely payments of the accounts payable and recording the accounts receivables for various Southern Rentals and Real Estate companies with accuracy and according to established accounting schedules.
Specific requirements for the position include, but are not limited to, a well-organized, detail oriented individual whose greatest asset is accuracy, and who demonstrates professional personal, spoken and written communication skills. This individual should also be able to meet deadlines and work flexible hours when necessary to complete assigned responsibilities.
Trust Accounting Functions (Southern Residential Leasing & Pointe South Residential Leasing)
- Accounts Receivable:
- Review deposits made by front desk personnel
- Record and reconcile deposit batches daily
- Review and follow up on deposit pre-payments daily
- Accounts Payable:
- Verify and post approved vendor invoices accurately and timely, ensuring appropriate charges and mark-ups are posted to owner accounts.
- Process vendor checks for mailing
- Maintain vendor files and information to ensure compliance with company policies as well as federal, state, and local requirements. This information to include: W9, insurance, business license, and banking information for e-checks.
- Assist with month-end and year-end procedures as needed
- Assist Long Term Trust Accountant as needed
Real Estate Functions (Pointe South Real Estate, RE/MAX Southern Realty & Southern Real Estate Group)
- Real Estate Agent billing:
- Calculate, create and distribute monthly invoices to Re/Max and Southern Real Estate Sales agents. Post agent payments and distribute monthly aging report.
- Realtor Closings and Commissions:
- Prepare and post bank deposits
- Calculate, enter, and produce realtor commission and referral payments, ensuring accuracy and timeliness according to established procedures.
- Maintain files for real estate transactions and payments
As a member of the Accounting department, the Trust and Real Estate Clerk will also work with management, accounting staff as well as personnel from other departments within the organization in a pleasant and helpful manner. Assist as needed with clerical tasks, projects and implementation of new procedures and processes.
- 2-3 years Accounting or industry experience
- Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Advanced keyboard and 10-key skills required
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines in high paced environment
- This position is a full-time hourly position, normally Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm; however, flexibility in scheduling is required.
- Vacation time will be greatly limited during the summer season.
- Requested time off is also extremely limited during the first 10 days of each month due to the complexity of the Month End closing process.
The Trust & Real Estate Clerk will occasionally have access to information that is to be held in the strictest confidence, and that any incidence of inappropriate breach of confidentiality shall be grounds for immediate disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment is that of an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.