Delicious Corn & Crab Bisque in Destin
Delicious Corn & Crab Bisque in Destin ~ Southern Residential Leasing
Fall is here! Well, maybe not officially, but September has us dreaming of autumn. You can still find us at the beach, but we’re swapping out seasonal summer dishes in favor of something a little heartier. Do you love a rich fall dish as much as we do? We’re always looking for ways to incorporate seafood into our dishes, and just because fall is here doesn’t mean we have to stop. We recently dined at a local Destin restaurant, Boshamps, and fell in love with their corn & crab bisque. This delicious corn & crab bisque in Destin was so incredible that we just had to learn how to make it ourselves. There are many local restaurants all across the Gulf Coast that serve corn & crab bisque, so no matter where you are, you can pick up this delicious dish!
Interested in trying it out for yourself? You don’t need to rent a home in Destin, Florida to enjoy delicious corn & crab bisque in Destin. Check out our recipe below, and be sure to pick up your crab meat at a local seafood market like Sexton’s in Destin, Joe Patti’s in Pensacola, or D.I.P. Seafood – Mudbugs in Mobile, Alabama.
|16 oz lump crabmeat||1 stick of butter||2 medium yellow onions, diced|
|1 qt. half & half||Whole kernel corn (1 16 oz bag or 14 oz can)||1 can creamed corn|
|3 cloves minced garlic||1/2 cup flour||Salt, to taste|
|Black pepper, to taste||Cayenne pepper, to taste||6 cups whole milk|
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot. Then, add the onions and saute until transparent.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Using the flour, create a roux. Add slowly and stir continuously, adding black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper until you reach the desired flavor.
- Stir in milk and half & half gradually. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low again.
- Add crabmeat, whole kernel corn, and creamed corn. Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add more seasoning if desired, and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed our corn & crab bisque recipe! If you made this and enjoyed it, let us know your thoughts on our Facebook page.