Have a Safe and Happy 4th of July!
The countdown until the 4th of July is coming to an end. A weekend full of fireworks, hot dogs, ice cream and all other things “American” is just a few hours away. Your plans to celebrate are likely already set in motion, but our Florida and Alabama property managers have some advice for you on this patriotic day.
If you can’t imagine your Independence Day celebration without sparklers, here are some critical safety tips to follow from the National Council on Fireworks Safety:
1. Always obey local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
2. If you are going to light fireworks, use OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
3. NEVER relight a dud firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
4. Do NOT experiment with homemade products.
5. Have a responsible adult present to supervise all firework activities. NEVER give fireworks to children.
See the council’s full list of firework safety tips online. We hope you all enjoy a wonderful holiday with your family and friends!