A Sweet Treat to Beat the Heat
Make Lemon Icebox Pie at Home ~ Southern Residential Leasing
Right now, we are all spending more time than ever in our homes. Even as things start to open back up, we’re still spending weekends inside and finding ways to pass the time. In fact, many people are using this time to cook new recipes or bake something they’ve always wanted to try. If this is you too, then you’re in luck! We’re bringing you one of our favorite recipes to try at home: Lemon Icebox Pie. This sweet treat is a cool way to beat the heat and tastes just as good as it looks. You can make this recipe anywhere, whether you’re staying in a rental home in Pensacola, Florida or a home in Spanish Fort, Alabama. Learn how to make this delicious Lemon Icebox Pie below.
|2 egg yolks||1 large egg|
|2 14 oz cans of sweetened condensed milk||1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1 prepared graham cracker crust||1 1/2 cups sour cream|
|2 tbsp sugar||1 tsp vanilla extract|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and one large egg until fully combined.
- Slowly stir in the sweetened condensed milk until blended. Add the lemon juice and stir to blend. Be careful not to overmix!
- Pour into the graham cracker crust and bake for at least 25 minutes, or until the outside edges look set and the center jiggles just slightly.
- Remove and set on a pie rack to cool to room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator for at least six hours. This pie tastes better the longer it chills, so let it sit overnight if you can!
- For the topping, stir together the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until blended.
- One to two hours before serving your Lemon Icebox Pie, set your oven to 350 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. Return to the refrigerator to cool for another 45 minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe and enjoy it? Let us know! Be sure to browse our inventory of rental homes in Pensacola, Destin, Santa Rosa Beach, or even over in Alabama to find your perfect home. Our knowledgeable team is here to help!