Moving Out Tips
Moving Out Tips ~ Southern Residential Leasing
We’ve brought you tips on how to save money on your next move, so today we’re here with moving out tips for the big day! From easy packaging tips to what to do prior to your move, Southern Residential Leasing is here to help you with our moving out tips!
Keep Your Boxes Organized
- You won’t believe how much easier this will make your moving process. Instead of throwing things from box to box, put boxes in each room and clearly label the boxes. This way when you unpack, you’ll easily know what goes where. No more living room knick-knacks in with the silverware! If you’re moving with kids, give each kid their own box with their name on it to put their items in.
- Extra tip: label the sides of the boxes, not the top! You’ll still be able to identify which box goes where even when they’re stacked.
- If your new apartment or home will allow it, move some clothes or breakable items early to cut down on time and storage the day of the move. This will also help your new space feel a little more like home when you move!
- You might also want to consider setting up bathroom toiletries and a shower curtain with an early move. You’ll definitely want to freshen up after a long day of moving!
- Just like with labeling the boxes, packing strategically will save you time when you start to unpack. Keep like items together, such as shoes, kitchen utensils, and electronics.
- Packing your plates in boxes like records will keep them from breaking like they would if they were stacked vertically!
- Store things like screws, nails, and bolts in sandwich bags and clearly label them so you know what goes where. Tape the bag to the back of the item it goes with. You can also store cords this way, in larger freezer bags. Also, take a picture of the cords while they’re plugged in so you remember what goes where!
- Make suitcases and baskets work for you by using them as packing boxes. Wheeled suitcases are a great way to transport books! This will also cut down on the number of boxes you’ve used.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our moving out tips! If a move is in your future but haven’t found the perfect place, be sure to check out our rental homes in Pensacola, Destin, Santa Rosa Beach, and Alabama. Our team is dedicated to helping you find the perfect long term rental!
Tags: Long term rentals in Pensacola Moving Out Tips moving tips