Trick-Or-Treat Safety Tips
Trick-Or-Treat Safety Tips ~ Southern Residential Leasing
Halloween is just a week away, and we’re sure you’re hard at work putting together costumes and decorating your house for the holiday! Trick-or-treating is a popular activity for kids of all ages, and it’s important for them to stay safe whether they are going alone or with an adult. For moms and dads, we know that keeping your kids safe on Halloween is one of your top concerns. Read below for our trick-or-treat safety tips that will help on and off the road!
- Travel safely when trick-or-treating! Young children should walk with a trusted adult, and older children should travel in groups.
- Plan and review routes and agree on a specific time to be back home. Instruct children to only travel in familiar, well-lit areas and stick with their friends. If children are trick-or-treating after dark, give them glow sticks or fasten reflective tape to their costumes or bags.
- If a house is dark or not well-lit, do not approach it! Only trick-or-treat at houses that are well-lit and inviting.
- Masks may be fun for classroom Halloween parties or get-togethers with friends, but when trick-or-treating masks can make it difficult to see! Leave the masks behind if you’ll be trick-or-treating when the sun goes down.
- When it comes to costumes, make sure it’s the right size to prevent trips and falls! All costumes, wigs, and accessories should be fire-resistant. And, ensure Halloween makeup is non-toxic by completing a patch test on a small area of skin.
- Walk, don’t run! Slow down and be mindful of passing cars in residential neighborhoods. Always look both ways before crossing the street and adults: be sure to hold a child’s hand when crossing a busy intersection or road.
- As tempting as they may be, avoid eating homemade treats from strangers and opt for factory-wrapped treats only!
We hope you enjoyed our trick-or-treat safety tips! Meanwhile, if you’re looking for a home to decorate next Halloween, be sure to check out our rental homes in Pensacola, Destin, Alabama, and more. Our knowledgeable team is here to assist with any questions you may have!