A New Recipe to Try with Grouper
Try Out this Grouper Bites Recipe this Summer ~ Southern Residential Leasing
Are you looking for a new recipe to try out for your Gulf catch from this summer? Don’t just grill or blacken the fish – try out these grouper bites! Lightly fried and well-seasoned, these grouper bites are perfect for an appetizer or main course at your next socially distant gathering. Try it out with a creamy tartar sauce or in a salad for a great lunch. If you don’t already have the ingredient list on hand, you can easily source these items at your local grocery store. Not to mention, you won’t believe how easily the grouper bites come together! Once the fish is done marinating, they only take a few minutes to cook. Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think!
What You’ll Need:
Makes 5-6 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 – 1 1/2 pound grouper fillet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp quick-cooking grits
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Canola oil
- To make this grouper bites recipe, carefully cut your grouper into 1-inch bite-size nuggets and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs, then stir together milk and pour over the grouper bites. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1-3 hours.
- Next, combine flour, breadcrumbs, cornstarch, grits, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and chili powder in a gallon-sized plastic bag with a sturdy top. Add the grouper bites to the bag and shake to coat. Chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Then, in a large cast-iron skillet, pour 2 inches of canola oil and heat to 350 degrees. Add the grouper bites carefully so that you don’t splash the hot oil!
- Fry in batches for 4-6 minutes, until crispy and golden. Transfer to a paper towel on a plate and allow to cool before serving.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Looking for more coastal recipes? Visit our blog to see what else we’re cooking up. We’ll see you next month with another great recipe!