Property Conditions Manager
Company: Southern Management Group
Department: Residential Leasing
Position: Property Condition Manager
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Location: Destin / FWB
The Property Condition Manager (PCM) is fully accountable for the appearance, inventory, cleanliness, and maintenance of his/her property portfolio.
Position objectives are reached through these responsibilities but are not limited to them:
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in Southern’s best interest on behalf of the owner
- Maintain accurate records of all transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., inspections, work orders, etc.)
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance
- Ensure that invoices are submitted to the Property Manager for approval, billed accordingly, and submitted to Accounting Department for payment
- Account for all expenses by filling out Gas Receipt and Credit Card Receipt Log on daily basis
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow
- Ensure current property files are properly maintained
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis
- Lead emergency team for property portfolio. Ensure proper response and handling of all emergencies at property within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity at property, weather, injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.)
- Find solutions to tenant concerns regarding property condition and request service in timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction with management; abide by Sundown Rule
- Ensure distribution of all company or property-issued notices (ie. Routine inspections, bad weather, emergency, etc.)
- Administer “go-back” protocol with vendors for any satisfaction issues in relation to property conditions
- Maintain property appearance, cleanliness, inventory, and ensure repairs are noted and completed in a timely manner. This requires daily reviews of open work orders and following up on completed work orders.
- Assure quality and quantity of inventory items in property (when applicable)
- Ensure that all service requests by tenants, owners, PM, etc. are scheduled, coordinated, and completed in a timely manner per the property’s maintenance notes.
- Obtain Property Manager approval when required for major repairs per PMA and property’s maintenance notes
- Ensure that all vacant properties are walked and create/complete any work orders that require maintenance items are submitted/updated daily in software system
- Perform Move-In Inspections and ensure that the property meets Rent Ready standards.
- Schedule and perform routine inspections
- Perform vendor quality control inspections, as needed
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected immediately
- Software Operating Systems
- Being available 24/7 for emergency after hours’ calls as dispatched (must be available by phone call or email after hours)
- Be aware of the company’s emergency preparedness plan and responsibilities. This includes being available for implementation and assistance if necessary.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand; walk; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move more than 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works on or around buildings, in precarious places and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level is high to moderate.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.