A Seafood Recipe Perfect for Tailgating
Smoked Tuna Dip Recipe ~ Southern Residential Leasing
Football season may look different this year, but tailgating is still going strong! Tailgating is a staple to any football game – good friends, good food, and cold beer are all you need. If you’re hosting a tailgate or watch party for the big game this year, this smoked tuna dip recipe is a must. It comes together so easily and likely already consists of ingredients you have at home! However, you may need to go out and get some liquid smoke, but this can be easily sourced at your local grocery store.
Don’t feel like cooking? If you live in one of our Santa Rosa Beach rental homes, then the Yellowfin Tuna Dip from Shunk Gulley Oyster Bar is a must! Get your meals to go or stick around and enjoy the atmosphere of dining at the beach. Whether you choose to make this dip at home or try it out at a local restaurant, you’ll be delighted either way!
Ready? Let’s get started!
Smoked Tuna Dip Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 5-oz can of your favorite tuna
- 1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Paprika (smoked or regular) for garnish
This recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups and is intended to serve as an appetizer. To double the size for a larger group, be sure to add more tuna and cream cheese and season to taste.
- Drain the tuna well. In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Blend using a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference. Don’t add too much more liquid smoke, since a little goes a long way!
- Cover and chill in the fridge 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to serve, add some extra paprika for garnish. Shunk Gulley Oyster Bar garnishes theirs with some finely diced scallions and Peruvian peppers. Enjoy with your favorite crackers or pita chips!
We hope you enjoyed our smoked tuna dip recipe! Be sure to also visit our blog for more coastal recipes.